SharpSchool is an award winning and rapidly growing early-stage company focused on providing education technology solutions to K-12 school districts. SharpSchool’s production systems serve more than 5,000 educational organizations across North American and directly affect the education of more than 3,000,000 students every day.
If you're looking for the opportunity to work for a fast-paced digital start up where your work will have a huge impact, apply with your resume and cover letter!
SharpSchool is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to work with our sales, business development, and executive teams to grow the company’s marketing into new markets. We are looking for a Marketing Manager who has experience with marketing web-based software to help us expand our market leading product. The Marketing Manager will also be pivotal role in helping to grow a team of 2-5 individuals.
The position requires creative, detail oriented, energetic professionals who can work on multiple deadlines with occasional conflicting priorities. They also need to have an entrepreneurial mentality and be able to work with little supervision. The ideal candidate already has a successful and measurable track record in digital / internet marketing and understands the mechanics behind how to market software. The individual would also be responsible for both the marketing strategy and execution.
This is a tremendous opportunity for someone that wants to not only lead our marketing efforts but also wants to eventually direct this critical function at our company.
- Conduct market research
- Research and determine keywords
- Create engaging ad campaigns & landing pages
- Conduct A/B testing on all landing pages
- Track and measure the effectiveness of campaigns
- Search engine optimization
- Establish competitive intelligence gathering processes
- Attend marketing tradeshows and events to engage customer experience as well as promote the SharpSchool brand.
- Create a multi-channel content marketing strategy optimized for keywords
- Create blog posts and other relevant content based on strategy
- Create exciting website content
- Manage social media channels and write press releases
- Develop successful email-marketing campaigns
- Develop online advertising & print collateral
- Manage the companies relationship with the media – develop media contact database and build relationships
- Conduct a brand audit — messaging/graphics/UI/UX
- Revamp website to reflect findings of audit
- Review and analyze data about current and past customers
- Conduct thorough product interviews with successful clients
- PR outreach to blogs and key influencers in niche communities with lots of guest blogging
- Provide support for our representation at tradeshows, conferences, ceremonies and publicity engagements as appropriate
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of competitors, the market, clients, capabilities, and staff so as to support the development of pursuit strategies
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong understanding/experience of SEO practices, onsite conversion best practices, and AdWords account management
- 5+ years’ experience in a digital marketing/ e-marketing role
- Successful experience with coordinating the creation of marketing collateral and promotional materials
- Knowledge of social media marketing techniques
- Background in tradeshow attendance, booking, and preparation
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical ability and logical problem solving
- Ability to multi-task in high pressure environments
- Desire and ability to mentor other marketing team members
Why choose us?
- You enjoy working in a casual, stimulating and highly collaborative environment
- You strive to have your personality and skills shape the process as well as the end solution
- You like working within the hustle and bustle of downtown Toronto